It’s been a rocky road of late for “The Heat” who has had to battle back from some personal demons. After a three-fight skid, the Armenian judoka recently got back on the winning side of things against Thomas Denny in a March bout.
Gunderson, who steps in for Shamar Bailey due to a medical suspension following a TKO loss early last month, comes into the cage following a submission victory over fellow UFC veteran Justin Buchholz.
The two welterweights will battle for the promotions vacant welterweight strap on June 16 at the O’Reily Family Event Center on the campus of Drury University in Springfield, Mo. The event will be broadcast on Pay-Per-View via tape delay on July 1st.
The event is slated to feature the following bouts:
- John Gunderson vs. Karo Parisyan – for vacant welterweight title
- Kendall Grove vs. Terry Martin – for vacant middleweight title
- Drew Fickett vs. Jonatas Noveas
- Sam Alvey vs. Lucas Lopes
- Sevak Magakian vs. J.P. Reese
- Charles “Krazy Horse” Bennett vs. Chris McDaniel
- Roli Delgado vs. Chris Gruetzmacher
- Matt Lucas vs. Lucas Overcast
- Aaron Rosa vs. Mike Wessel
- Jacob Ritchie vs. Rabert Saborudden
- Marcus Aurelio vs. Lyle Beerbohm
- Allen Gibson vs. Dustin Phillips
- Travis Coyle vs. Karen Darabedyan
- Chris Barnes vs. Jesse Zeugin
- Jason Ignacek vs. Gary Michaels