- Lyoto Machida’s manager, Ed Soares, announced during a recent appearance on TAGG Radio that the light heavyweight contender will next fight in October against an opponent to-be-announced. During the appearance Soares also confirmed that Anderson Silva will indeed take on Yushin Okami next following his July 19th light heavyweight bout against James Irvin.
- All of the fighters for today’s Cage Rage 27 event at the Wembley Arena in London successfully made weight yesterday, including UFC veteran Phil Baroni, who weighed in at 169.7 pounds in advance of his welterweight debut against Scott Jansen.
- Jess Liaudin and David Bielkheden will both drop from welterweight to lightweight and will square off in a 155-pound bout at UFC 89 on October 19th in Birmingham, England.
- UFC welterweight Mike Swick has undergone surgery on his elbow but expects to return to the cage before the end of 2008.
- The Ultimate Fighter 4 cast member Jeremy Jackson has been arrested and charged with seven felonies including two felony rape charges.
- The Ultimate Fighter 7 cast member Matt Brown will likely take on Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 88 on September 6th in Atlanta. Official bout agreements for the fight will reportedly be finalized this week.
- Though still “very involved with ProElite,” Gary Shaw will no longer be “front and center” for EliteXC and will instead serve in a consulting role with the MMA promotion.