ONE FC 5: Pride of a Nation took place this morning live from Manila, Philippines. The card aired as an online PPV. In the main event, Bibiano Fernandes cruised past Gustavo Falciroli and Eduard Folyang defeated Felipe Enomoto in the co-headliner.
There was a bit of controversy in the heavyweight scrap between Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia. After an entertaining first two rounds, Arlovski stunned Sylvia with a crisp combo that sent the big man to the canvas hard. “The Pitbull” quickly followed up with soccer kicks with one landing to the head. The kick to the head was deemed illegal since the referee had not signaled – under ONE FC rules, soccer kicks to the head are only allowed once the referee signals the downed fighter is in the right position – that the kicks were permitted. Since Sylvia could not continue, the bout was called. The two will meet at a later ONE FC event.
Elsewhere on the card, Rolles Gracie, Gregor Gracie, and Phil Baroni were all victorious. Jens Pulver and Igor Gracie were both defeated by TKO.
- Bibiano Fernandes defeats Gustavo Falciroli by unanimous decision
- Eduard Folayang defeats Felipe Enomoto by unanimous decision
- Andrei Arlovski vs Tim Sylvia ruled No Contest due to illegal kick by Andrei Arlovski
- Eric Kelly defeats Jens Pulver by TKO at 1:42 minutes of Round 2
- Rolles Gracie defeats Tony Bonello by rear naked choke at 3:27 minutes of Round 3
- Jung Hwan Cha defeats Igor Gracie by TKO at 1:03 minutes of Round 3
- Soo Chul Kim defeats Kevin Belingon by unanimous decision
- Gregor Gracie defeats Nicholas Mann by armbar at 3:26 minutes of Round 1
- Phil Baroni defeats Rodrigo Ribeiro by KO at 1:00 minute of Round 1
- Shannon Wiratchai defeats Mitch Chilsonby TKO at 2:12 minutes of Round 2
- Honorio Banario defeats Andrew Benibe by TKO at 3:47 minutes of Round 3