UFC outcast Anthony Johnson had another successful outing at light heavyweight less than a month after he debuted in the division at Titan Fighting Championships 24. The former welterweight defeated another former UFC fighter in Jake Rosholt. The event took place a the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
The first round of the bout showed Rosholt looking to work his improved striking game and Johnson in attack mode. Rosholt appeared to be trying to wear down Johnson with multiple guillotine attempts. Both fighters struggled with being in a ring rather than a cage, as the fight had to be restarted several times due to the fighters getting tangled in the ropes.
The second round is where Johnson took over. Johnson’s striking finally found its range and he managed to stagger Rosholt with a big shot that opened a huge cut over Rosholt’s left eye. Rosholt valiantly tried to recover, and still kept attacking the entire time, but Johnson beat on the former Oklahoma State standout until landing a massive headkick that stopped the fight.
The win improved Johnson to 3-0 since being cut from the UFC after missing weight at UFC 142.
- Middleweight Title Fight: Andrew Todhunter (c) def. Brandon Gaines via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:10 of Round 2
- Anthony Johnson def. Jake Rosholt via TKO (head kick) at 4:22 of Round 2
- Welterweight Title Fight: Dylan Smith def. Levi Avera via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:40 of Round 2
- Jesse Chaffin def. Dave McAfee via submission (guillotine choke) at 0:33 of Round 3
- Kathina Catron def. Amber Powell via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:41 of Round 1
- Ed Cline def. Alex Rojas via TKO (strikes) at 2:05 of Round 1
- Chase McDougal def. Jake Shanks via submission (rear-naked choke) at 0:51 of Round 1
- Gerit Smith def. Austin Wells via TKO (strikes) at 1:51 of Round 1