After UFC 152 took over the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, UFC President Dana White had a lot to say to various media outlets about the events of the night, issues with certain fighters, top pay per-view draws, and even his rival promotion, Bellator.
- Cub Swanson’s knockout of Charles Oliveira was one of the “craziest knockouts” Dana White has seen in his life. The Brazilian was out for a long time.
- White was proud of the prelim card.
- Georges St-Pierre has always been the company’s biggest pay per-view draw, not Brock Lesnar.
- “Jon (Jones) has made some mistakes and now it’s time for him to fix them. He’s not going anywhere.”
- On all the negative press the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion seems to attract: “It feels like there are times where Jon (Jones) doesn’t feel comfortable with who he is (in public).”
- People want to see Chael Sonnen vs. Jon Jones, it just doesn’t make sense at this point.
- ‘I don’t talk much about Bellator, but what they do is the dirtiest thing you can do in the business. … I have the right to match too, but once I cut a guy and let him go, I don’t call him and say, “you’re breaking the contract” and try to sue them.’
- Dana white espouses boxing and wishes they’d do do better numbers, but hates Bob Arum.
- Rampage and Dana White’s relationship is a “roller-coaster”. Jackson “loves White one minute and wants to kill him the next,” the UFC president has no idea where they currently stand.