The XFC returned to AXStv for an action-packed card taking place live from Knoxville, Tennessee. In the main event, Eric Reynolds and Lorenzo put on an entertaining bout that saw the Italian fighter getting the better of Reynolds early before making a mistake leading to a submission loss in Round 2. Also on the card, rising talents Scott Holtzman, Sofia Bagherdai, and XFC try-out winner Joby Sanchez all notched victories.
Bellator veterans Eric Reynolds and Lorenzo Borgomeo were fighting for a lightweight title shot and it showed Friday night as the to put on a fantastic show. After a fierce back and forth fight that appeared to favoring the Italian during the second round, Borgomeo made a mistake after electing not to follow up after landing a hard knee on Reynolds. Reynolds recovered and landed a leg sweep into a deep guillotine choke that earned him the submission victory. Reynolds will now face “Notorious” Nick Newell for the lightweight title expected for later this year.
Main Card (AXStv)
- Eric Reynolds def. Lorenzo Borgomeo via submission (guillotine) at 3:58 of Round 2
- Scott Holtzman def. Chris Coggins via TKO (strikes) at 4:46 of Round 1
- Sofia Bagherdai def. Sarah Maloy via TKO (strikes) at 4:01 Round 1
- Joby Sanchez def. Chris Dunn via submission (triangle choke) at 1:49 of Round 1
- Shah Bobonis def. Cornelius Godfrey via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Drew Kennedy def. Anthony Lemon via submission (rear naked choke) at 4:20 of Round 1
- Nate Landwehr def. Chris Wright via TKO (strikes) at 3:56 of Round 2
Preliminary Card (unaired)
- Ian Boxhorn def. Chad Perrine via unanimous decision
- Adam Hyde def. David Miles via submission (rear naked choke)
- Jake Fine def. Steve Thomas via submission (rear naked choke)
- Tyler Hunley def. Chonci Houston via unanimous decision