Undisclosed issues involving John Cholish has resulted in Yves Edwards getting a new, but familiar, foe. Embattled lightweight Jeremy Stephens will fill in for the New Yorker against his originally scheduled UFC on FX 5 opponent.
News of Cholish’s departure from the card broke earlier today with MMAWeekly first reporting Stephens replacing him.
Stephens and Edwards were originally supposed to meet on the preliminary card of UFC on FX 5 before “Lil’ Heathen” was detained by Minnesotan police in regards to an outstanding warrant in his home state of Iowa. Stephens was jailed for 13 days after being arrested the morning of the Minneapolis event.
Stephens is currently awaiting a court date in relation to a 2011 assault incident that caused the victim to stop breathing twice before reaching the hospital. Stephens has maintained his innocence in the matter.
The four-fight main card of UFC on Fox 5 will be headlined by a UFC lightweight title fight between Ben Henderson and Nate Diaz. The card will also feature a light heavyweight tilt between Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and Alexander Gustaffson. The card will take place December 8 at the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington.
Main Card (Fox)
- Lightweight Title Fight: Benson Henderson (c) vs. Nate Diaz
- Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Alexander Gustaffson
- BJ Penn vs. Rory MacDonald
- Mike Swick vs. Matt Brown
- Lavar Johnson vs. Brendan Schaub
- Dennis Siver vs. Nam Phan
- Mike Chiesa vs. Marcus LeVesseur
- Jeremy Stephens vs. Yves Edwards
- John Albert vs. Scott Jorgensen
- Ramsey Nijem vs. Joe Proctor
- Daron Cruickshank vs. Henry Martinez
- Tim Means vs. Abel Trujillo
- Mike Easton vs. Raphael Assuncao