Before the UFC on Fox 5 action can take place, the fighters had to hit the scales first. Three fighters missed weight on their initial attempts in Seattle, with main event fighter Nate Diaz initially coming in .6 over the 155 limit for his title bout against champion Benson Henderson.
Undercard fighters Raphael Assuncao and Henry Martinez missed weight as well, with Assuncao making weight on his next attempt while Martinez elected to forfeit part of his purse.
Main Card (Fox, 8PM ET)
- Benson Henderson (154.6) vs. Nate Diaz (155.6)*
- Alexander Gustafsson (205.4) vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (205)
- Rory MacDonald (170.2) vs. B.J. Penn (168.2)
- Matt Brown (170.2) vs. Mike Swick (170)
Preliminary Card (FX, 5PM ET)
- Yves Edwards (155) vs. Jeremy Stephens (155.8)
- Raphael Assuncao (136.4)** vs. Mike Easton (135)
- Ramsey Nijem (155.4) vs. Joe Proctor (154.6)
- Daron Cruickshank (155) vs. Henry Martinez (158.8)***
- Marcus LeVesseur (155.4) vs. Abel Trujillo (155.4)
- Nam Phan (145.4) vs. Dennis Siver (146)
Preliminary Card(Facebook, 4:20PM ET)
- John Albert (136) vs. Scott Jorgensen (135.2)
*- Diaz missed weight on his first two attempts, weighing in at 155.2 on his second try. Diaz made weight on his third try. [Updated]
**-Assuncao missed weight initially but made it on his second attempt
***- Martinez missed weight and elected to forfeit part of his purse.
[UPDATE] Article was updated to reflect Diaz making weight. (20:23hrs )