The Oklahoma State Athletic Commission have issued five medical suspensions behind Strikeforce: “Marquardt vs. Saffiedine”, which took place at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City on Saturday night. Finding himself out indefinitely is UFC fighter Ed Herman.
“Short Fuse” was brought over from the octagon to meet “Jacare” Souza in a middleweight affair on the Strikeforce finale. Unfortunately for Herman, it did not end well for him. Souza put an end to the night of the UFC visitor with a nasty kimura, which put the Portland native on the shelf indefinitely. To be eligible to compete again, the TUF veteran must have his shoulder, elbow, and hand cleared by a physician.
Joining Herman on the indefinite suspension list, is undercard lightweight Kurt Holobaugh, who must be cleared for a hand injury sustained during a surprisingly gutsy loss to Pat Healy.
Full list of suspensions:
- Dion Staring: Suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons.
- Ed Herman: Suspended indefinitely, must have a doctor clear him of shoulder, elbow, and hand injuries.
- Kurt Holobaugh: Suspended indefinitely, must have a doctor clear him of a hand injury.
- Anthony Smith: Suspended 30 days due to facial lacerations.
- Michael Bravo: Suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons.