UFC 156 takes place tomorrow night at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Before the fighters can enter the cage, the fighters first took to the scales to make weight for tomorrow’s contest.
The weigh-ins started off a little odd with the first three fighters missing weight for tomorrow’s contest, prompting NSAC executive director Keith Kizer to ask the UFC’s Burt Watson if the scale was off. After the initial misses however, the rest of UFC 156 fighters were on weight for tomorrow’s card.
The most intense staredown of the festivities went to heavyweights Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva and Alistair Overeem, with Silva’s fist visibly shaking with rage. The former Strikeforce heavyweights will settle their differences tomorrow night in Las Vegas.
Main Card (PPV 10PM):
- UFC Featherweight Championship Fight: Jose Aldo (145) vs. Frankie Edgar (144)
- Rashad Evans (206) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (206)
- Alistair Overeem (264) vs. Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva (262)
- Jon Fitch (171) vs. Demian Maia (170)
- Ian McCall (125) vs. Joe Benavidez (126)
Preliminary Card (FX 8PM ET)
- Evan Dunham (155) vs. Gleison Tibau (155)
- Jay Hieron (168) vs. Tyron Woodley (170)
- Bobby Green (155) vs. Jacob Volkmann (156)
- Yves Edwards (155) vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg (156)
Facebook Preliminary Card (7PM ET)
- Chico Camus (134) vs. Dustin Kimura (139.5)**
- Edwin Figueroa (137.5)* vs. Francisco Rivera (137)*
*-Figueroa made weight (136) and Rivera made weight soon after (135.5)
**- As per NSAC rules, Kimura is unable to cut weight and will forfeit 20% of his purse to Camus