Due to an injury to Manny Gamburyan, Chad Mendes has been removed from the UFC 157 fight card. Stepping into the void will be a pair of Strikeforce veterans making their UFC debut as Yuri Villefort takes on Nah-Shon Burrell at welterweight.
Mendes is not expected to be out long, as UFC officials announced the featherweight contender could land on a card this spring.
UFC 157 will be headlined by UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey facing Liz Carmouche. The historic fight card will serve as the first UFC women’s fight. The bout will be co-headlined by a light heavyweight scrap between Lyoto Machida and Dan Henderson. UFC 157 will take place February 23 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California.
Main Card (Pay-per-view 10PM ET)
- UFC Women’s Bantamweight Title Fight:Ronda Rousey vs. Liz Carmouche
- Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida
- Urijah Faber vs. Ivan Menjivar
- Josh Koscheck vs. Robbie Lawler
- Court McGee vs. Josh Neer
Preliminary Card (FX 8 PM ET)
- Lavar Johnson vs. Brendan Schaub
- Mike Chiesa vs. Anton Kuivanen
- Yuri Villefort vs. Nah-Shon Burrell
- Caros Fodor vs. Sam Stout
Preliminary Card (Facebook 6:30PM ET)
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Matt Grice
- Brock Jardine vs. Kenny Robertson
- Neil Magny vs. Jon Manley