Bellator returns to action tomorrow night at the Maverick Center in Salt Lake City, Utah for Bellator 89. The fighters on tomorrow’s card took to the scales earlier today for the Bellator 89 weigh-ins.
Main event fighter Shabulat Shamhalaev came in just over the 146lbs. limit in his first attempt earlier today, while opponent Rad Martinez came in just under the limit.The Dagestani fighter has two hours to lose 0.8 of a pound. The two fighters have seen this bout rescheduled twice before but the bout will still go on as planned tomorrow.
Former WEC bantamweight champion Chase Beebe missed the bantamweight mark for tomorrow’s preliminary but declined to cut anymore weight and will forfeit a portion of his purse to opponent Travis Marx.
- Rad Martinez (145.9) vs. Shabulat Shamhalaev (145.9)*
- Muhammed Lawal (204.3) vs. Emanuel Newton (204.8)
- Mikhail Zayats (204.9) vs. Jacob Noe (205.3)
- Douglas Lima (170.9) vs. Bryan Baker (170.5)
- Ben Saunders (170.3) vs. Raul Amaya (169.9)
- Chase Beebe (138)** vs. Travis Marx (135.9)
- Jesse Juarez (170.7) vs. Jordan Smith (169.3)
- Shanon Slack (146) vs. Josh Tyler (145.8)
- David Allred (155.9) vs. Sean Powers (154.6)
- Lionel Lanham (185.1) vs. Joe Rodriguez (184.3)
*-Shamhalaev weighed 146.8 on his first attempt and 145.9 on his second attempt
**- Beebe declined to cut anymore weight and his purse will be penalized.