The Xtreme Fighting Championships returned to action for XFC 22. The card took place Friday night at the Grady Cole Center in Charlotte, North Carolina. In the main event of the evening, Scott “Hot Sauce” Holtzman earned a lightweight title shot by defeating Jason Hicks. The main card aired on AXS TV.
Scott Holtzman and Jason Hicks both came into tonight’s title eliminator undefeated in their young MMA careers. While the bout was not completely one-sided, Holtzman did an excellent job of imposing his game plan en route to a unanimous decision.
The emerging lightweight called out XFC lightweight champion Nick Newell following the bout, with Newell enthusiastically pushing for the bout to happen at XFC 23. Despite the champion’s enthusiasm, the bout will have to wait a little longer with XFC 23 already booked for April.
Full XFC 22 results:
- Scott Holtzman def. Jason Hicks via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Ricky Rainey def. Joseph Corneroli via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Pearl Gonzalez def. Suzie Montero via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 4:56
- Roger Carroll def. Josh Eagans via submission (triangle choke) – Round 2, 0:59
- D’Angelo Bynum def. Jimmy Fowler via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- D’juan Owens def. Nate Landwehr via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Joseph Carroll def. Len Cook via unanimous decision
- Jeremy Severn def. Aaron Osbourne via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 4:50
- Rahshun Ball def. Thomas Campbell via unanimous decision
- Cody Wells def. Luke Neyland via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:45
- Carlos Vivas def. Brandon Boggs via TKO – Round 1, 3:56