Jeremy Stephens is dropping to featherweight for his next fight in the UFC. Stephens will take on Estevan Payan when he makes debut at UFC 160 this May. UFC officials announced the pairing earlier today.
Stephens is likely fighting for his job at UFC 160. The UFC fighter has lost three straight fights, the last one a knockout loss at UFC on Fox 5, and has been dealing with ongoing legal issues due to a 2011 assault charge. His opponent, Estevan Payan, is a Strikeforce import currently riding an eight-fight unbeaten streak into his Octagon debut.
UFC 160 takes place May 25 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The fight card will be headlined by a heavyweight title fight between champion Cain Velasquez and Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva. A bout between Alistair Overeem and Junior dos Santos will co-headline the Memorial Day weekend card.
- UFC Heavyweight Title Fight: Cain Velasquez (c) vs. Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva
- Alistair Overeem vs. Junior dos Santos
- Glover Teixeira vs. Ryan Bader
- Donald Cerrone vs. K.J. Noons
- Gray Maynard vs. T.J. Grant
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Abel Trujillo
- Jeremy Stephens vs. Estevan Payan