An explosive featherweight matchup has been added to the UFC’s return to New Jersey as Leonard Garcia faces Cody McKenzie. The bout will likely be a part of the UFC’s preliminary lineup. Garcia announced the pairing over twitter.
Both fighters come into this bout in search of a win. Garcia dropped a close fight to Max Holloway in his last outing at UFC 155 for his fourth straight loss. Garcia’s last victory was a highly controversial decision over Nam Phan in 2010. Garcia’s opponent, Cody McKenzie, needs a win himself having gone 1-3 in his last four bouts. McKenzie was last in action at UFC 148 where he was dropped by a body shot from Chad Mendes.
UFC 159 is set for the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The card will be headlined by a matchup of The Ultimate Fighter 17 coaches, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen. The card will take place April 27 and tickets went on sale last week.
UFC 159 Fight Card
- UFC Light Heavyweight Title Fight: Jon Jones (c) vs. Chael Sonnen
- Michael Bisping vs. Alan Belcher
- Jim Miller vs. Pat Healy
- Cheick Kongo vs. Roy Nelson
- Phil Davis vs. Vinny Magalhaes
- James Head vs. Nick Catone
- Al Iaquinta vs. Joe Proctor
- Rustam Khabilov vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Ovince St-Preux vs. Gian Villante
- Sara McMann vs. Sheila Gaff
- Cody McKenzie vs. Leonard Garcia