Jussier da Silva finally has an opponent for the UFC’s May trip to Brazil at UFC on FX 8. “Formiga” will take on talented striker Chris Cariaso for his second UFC fight. Brazilian site Tatame first reported the matchup.
Da Silva dropped his UFC debut to John Dodson at UFC on FX 5. The loss snapped a five fight win-streak for the Brazilian. His opponent, Chris Cariaso, is coming off a tough loss to John Moraga at UFC 155 that snapped his three-fight win-streak.
UFC on FX 8 will be headlined by another middleweight scrap between former Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold and Vitor Belfort. The event will take place at Arena Jaragua in Jaragua do Sul, Brazil.
- Vitor Belfort vs. Luke Rockhold
- Constantinos Philippou vs. Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Evan Dunham
- CB Dollaway vs. Cezar Ferreira
- Lance Benoist vs. Paulo Thiago
- Azamat Gashimov vs. John Lineker
- John Cholish vs. Gleison Tibau
- Mike Rio vs. Francisco Trinaldo
- Roger Hollett vs. Fabio Maldonado
- Jussier “Formiga” da Silva vs. Chris Cariaso