An injury to featherweight Clay Guida has forced a change to UFC on Fox 7. Guida’s original opponent, Chad Mendes, is currently awaiting a replacement for the April 20 card. Sherdog first reported the injury.
This will be the third-straight opponent that has been injured prior to facing Mendes. The UFC is actively seeking a replacement at this time.
The bout will join what will be a stacked UFC on Fox 7 fight card in San Jose, California. The main event for the card will have lightweight champion Benson Henderson putting his title on the line against final Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez. The card will be co-headlined by a heavyweight battle between Daniel Cormier and Frank Mir. The card will take place April 20 at the HP Pavilion.
- UFC Lightweight Championship: Benson Henderson (c) vs. Gilbert Melendez
- Daniel Cormier vs. Frank Mir
- Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thomson
- Matt Brown vs. Dan Hardy
- TBA vs. Chad Mendes
- Roger Bowling vs. Anthony Njokuani
- Jorge Masvidal vs. Tim Means
- Myles Jury vs. Ramsey Nijem
- Francis Carmont vs. Lorenz Larkin
- Clifford Starks vs. Yoel Romero
- Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck
- Joe Benavidez vs. Darren Uyenoyama