Invicta FC 5 has a new matchup as Australian fighter Fiona Muxlow has agreed to welcome Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos to the promotion. Muxlow steps in for the injured Ediane Gomes at the April 5 show. Invicta officials confirmed the move to MMAFrenzy late Tuesday evening.
Fiona Muxlow was last in action at DREAM 18, where she defeated by Marloes Coenen. Muxlow will face of with “Cyborg” with a shot at rematching with Coenen on the line.
Muxlow’s original opponent, Julia Budd, will remain on the card against an opponent to be named.
Invicta FC 5 features two title fights on what will be an online PPV. The card will be headlined by Invicta atomweight champion Jessica Penne defending her title against “The Karate Hottie” Michelle Waterson. The promotion’s fifth billing will take place at Ameristar Casino Hotel in Kansas City, Missouri.
Invicta FC 5 Fight Card
- Invicta FC Atomweight Championship: Jessica Penne (c) vs. Michelle Waterson
- Inaugural Invicta FC Flyweight Championship: Barb Honchak vs. Vanessa Porto
- Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos vs. Fiona Muxlow
- Zoila Frausto Gurgel vs. Jennifer Maia
- Sarah Kaufman vs. Leslie Smith
- Lauren Taylor vs. Kaitlin Young
- TBA vs. Julia Budd
- Simona Soukupova vs. Cassie Rodish
- Bec Hyatt vs. Jasminka Cive
- Katja Kankaanpaa vs. Juliana Carnerio Lima
- Jessamyn Duke vs. Miriam Nakamoto
- Alex Chambers vs. Jodie Esquibel
- Rose Namajunas vs. Kathina Catron
- Mollie Estes vs. Veronica Rothenhausler
- Lauren Barefoot vs. River Jones