A featherweight (145 lb. limit) battle between Bay Area locals Jose Palacios (3-1) and Alvin Cacdac (4-4) will usher the return of Strikeforceâ€™s â€œYoung Gunsâ€ mixed martial arts (MMA) series to San Joseâ€™s Civic Auditorium on Saturday, September 13th.
Tickets for the â€œYoung Gunsâ€ event, priced from $40, can be purchased by calling Strikeforce corporate headquarters at 408-998-8232 or by visiting the Civic Auditorium box office, on the day of the event.
Both the 25-year-old Palacios and the 24-year-old Cacdac are looking to rebound from defeats that they suffered at Strikeforceâ€™s last event, â€œMelendez vs. Thomson,â€ which took place at San Joseâ€™s HP Pavilion on Friday, June 27th. Palacios gave up a three-round unanimous judgesâ€™ decision to Bobby Stack while Cacdac tapped out from a rear naked choke placed on him by Bryan Caraway in the first round of their matchup.
The â€œYoung Gunsâ€ card will be comprised of the following matchups:
- Main Event: Jose Palacios (3-1) vs. Alvin Cacdac â€“ 145 lb. limit
- Luke Rockhold (2-1) vs. TBA â€“ 185 lb. limit
- Andrew Valladarez (3-2) vs. David Barrios (0-4) â€“ 135 lb. limit
- Evan Esguerra (1-2) vs. Gabby Solorio (0-1) â€“ 145 lb. limit
- Eric Meaders (2-8-1) vs. Ron Kesler (2-1) â€“ 170 lb. limit
- Jorge Interiano (1-0) vs. Chris Bostick (2-2) â€“ 205 lb. limit
- Yohan Banks (1-1) vs. David Ashkinaz (1-0) â€“ Heavyweight (265 lb. limit)
- Adam Antolin (1-0) vs. Hugo Govea (0-1) â€“ 130 lb. limit
- Justin Holdaas (1-1) vs. Jaime Rodriguez (0-1) â€“ 170 lb. limit
- Genaro Strangis (0-0) vs. Alexander Trivino (2-0) â€“ 155 lb. limit
- Mike Davis (0-0) vs. OJ Dominguez (0-0) â€“ 155 lb. limit
The September 13th affair marks Strikeforceâ€™s third â€œYoung Gunsâ€ card in history. The series was forged in 2006 to nurture young upstarts by providing them with the opportunity to hone their martial arts combat skills in a grassroots environment.