Earlier today Terry Etim was added to the UFC 70 fight card for a bout against a then unknown fighter. MMAWeekly.com is reporting that Etim’s opponent will be fellow Brit Matt Grice (3-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC).
Grice handed then 2-0 Dan Marks his first career MMA loss at an Extreme Wars event last June. He also has wins over relative unknowns Lee King and Joe Davis. Etim and Grice add more English power the the event that is being held in Manchester, England but was especially devoid of English fighters until these late additions. Other fighters in the event hailing from England are Michael Bisping and Jess Llaudin.
In a few other intersting tid bits from the article, the UFC has spent upwards of 1,000,000 Euro on promoting the event but it indicates the promotion is going well and that there is lots of buzz about the fights swirling. Also, the UFC is considering expanding the arena to hold 18,000 fans instead of the previous 13,700 because ticket sales have been so strong.
Here is the current rumored card for the April 21st UFC 70:
- Mirko â€œCro Cop”Filipovic vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
- Assuerio Silva vs. Cheick Congo
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Fabricio Werdum
- Michael Bisping vs. Elvis Sinosic
- Jess Liaudin vs. Dennis Siver
- Alessio Sakara vs. Victor Valimaki
- Terry Etim vs. Matt Grice
- Lyoto Machida vs. Forrest Griffin
- David Lee vs. TBD