MMAFrenzy.com has received the official fighter salaries for UFC 73 as well as official attendance and live gate figures.
UFC 73 had an official attendance of 13,183 (which was slightly lower than previously reported). Before the UFC commits to returning to Sacramento next year they may want to consider that just over 8,500 of the attendance was paying fans while nearly 5,000 were given away. Even after taking all fans in attendance into account the ARCO Arena was nearly 4,000 people short of capacity. Meanwhile UFC 68 in Columbus, Ohio had a full crowd that was respectful of the fighters and most of whom were there before the first premliminary bout even began. It’s just something to think about when the UFC keeps holding shows in the western United States while the eastern portion of the country is lucky to get a couple events each year.
The live gate previously reported was much closer with the actual figure standing at $1,551,920.
The following is a listing of the figures reported to the California State Athletic Commission and do not include event bonuses, PPV earnings, or sponsor payments that fighters may receive:
- Anderson Silva ($90,000) def. Nate Marquardt ($24,000)
- Tito Ortiz ($210,000) vs. Rashad Evans ($16,0000
- Sean Sherk ($28,000) def. Hermes Franca ($14,000)
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira ($200,000) def. Heath Herring ($70,000)
- Kenny Florian ($16,000) def. Alvin Robinson ($3,000)
- Stephan Bonnar ($32,000) def. Mike Nickels ($5,000)
- Jorge Gurgel ($14,000) def. Diego Saraiva ($3,000)
- Chris Lytle ($20,000) def. Jason Gilliam ($3,000)
- Frank Edgar ($10,000) def. Mark Bocek ($3,000)
- Disclosed Fighter Payroll: $761,000