- Trainer Juanito Ibarra has denied Wanderlei Silva’s claim that he offered to train the Brazilian for his upcoming bout with Ibarra’s former pupil, Quinton Jackson.
- Despite ongoing speculation, Affliction says they have yet to reach any official agreement with free agent Tito Ortiz, though the promotion has announced that Ortiz will be in the broadcast booth for “Day of Reckoning.”
- Kenny Florian has stated that he is open to a rematch with recent lightweight convert Diego Sanchez. Florian lost to Sanchez in their first meeting, though it was contested at middleweight (TUF 1 finale.)
- Steve Cantwell has apologized (and then some) for his enthusiasm after snapping Razak Al Hassan’s arm during their battle at UFC’s Fight For The Troops.
- UFC lightweight Corey Hill, who sustained a nasty leg break during his untelevised bout at the Fight For The Troops event, now has a charity set up which is accepting donations to help Hill and his family through the holiday season.
- WEC bantamweight Will Ribeiro was in a severe motorcycle accident and is now reportedly comatose in a Rio De Janeiro hospital.
- Patrick Cote’s knee surgery seems to be a success.
- K-1’s “Fields Dynamite” show is shaping up rather nicely.
- Speaking of K-1, the organization has handed down a strong punishment to Badr Hari, for his numerous illegal attacks on Remy Bonjasky during their battle at the World Grand Prix earlier this month.
- In typical fashion, the UFC will counter-program Affliction’s “Day Of Reckoning” with a replay of UFC 91 “Couture vs. Lesnar” the night of January 24th.
- English heavyweight Neil Grove has been added to the UFC roster, while former UFC heavyweight Jeff Monson is also rumored to return to the promotion in the near future.
- Olympic Gold Medalist Judoka Satoshi Ishii says he wants to compete in the UFC (or the WEC if he has to.)
- Randy Couture will star in yet another generic action movie, but at least this time some other notable action stars are involved as well.
- Mirko Cro Cop also stars in his own PC video game, though it might not be exactly what you had in mind.
- Rashad Evans would like to score a submission win over Forrest Griffin.
- Despite everyones best efforts, it looks like Ken Shamrock will return to MMA competition on February 13th in California.
- Vote now to help Georges St. Pierre win Canadian “Athlete Of The Year.”
- Tim Sylvia answers a few semi-compelling questions.
- Find out how exactly knees to the head (while on the ground) became outlawed in the UFC.
- Fighter’s and promoters: beware of Premier Fighter.
UFC on FOX 26 Primer: Mike Perry vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio – Watch the “Road to the Octagon” Vid