Talk about an ironic match up. According to Alistair Overeem’s official website, the Dutch “Demolition Man” will face off against K-1 bad boy Badr Hari at the upcoming “Fields Dynamite” New Years Eve show.
Overeem (40-24 MMA, 2-2 kickboxing) most recently fought to a no-contest against Mirko Cro Cop, who was forced to quit after sustaining repeated knees to the groin. Overeem had stated that the low blows were unintentional, but Cro Cop nonetheless had to deal with an injured testicle which had been forced “up inside him.”
Former K-1 heavyweight champion Badr Hari (0-1 MMA, 78-8 kickboxing) is coming off of a rather disgraceful performance at the K-1 World Grand Prix finals, where he was disqualified after punching and stomping downed opponent Remy Bonjasky. K-1 has since stripped Hari of his heavyweight title and withheld his total fight purse.
“Fields Dynamite” is set to feature both K-1 kickboxing and MMA rules bouts, and even for the casual fight fan is looking like a must see event.
- Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic vs. Hong Man Choi
- “Kinniku Mantaro” vs. Bob Sapp
- Daisuke Nakamura vs. Hideo Tokoro
- Mark Hunt vs. Jerome Le Banner
- Semmy Schilt vs. Siala “Mighty Mo” Siliga
- Eddie Alvarez vs. Shin’ya Aoki
WAMMA Lightweight Championship
- Gesias “JZ” Calvancante vs. Joachim Hansen
- Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Kiyoshi Tamura
K-1 (KICKBOXING) RULES BOUTS
- Artur Kyshenko vs. Yoshihiro Sato
- Badr Hari vs. Alistair Overeem
- Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kozo Takeda
- Gegard Mousasi vs. Musashi
K-1 TOURNAMENT FINALS
- Hiroya vs. Shimada Shota
- Kusakabe Ryuya vs. Urabe Koya