Tomorrow’s main event fighters made it official, with a small bit of controversy. While featherweight champion Pat Curran made weight without incident, Shahbulat Shamhalaev weighed in a pound above the 145lbs limit.
Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney and NJACB officials discussed the matter and allowed the bout to made official without penalty since Shamhalaev weighed in with his shorts on.
The Season 7 tournament champion took his title shot with Curran on short notice after Daniel Straus was injured.
Tomorrow’s card will also feature the conclusion of the Season 8 featherweight and middleweight tournaments.
Main Card (Spike TV 10PM ET)
- Bellator Featherweight Title Fight: Pat Curran (144.7) vs. Shahbulat Shamhalaev (146)
- Season 8 Featherweight Tournament Final: Magomedrasul Khasbulaev (145.4) vs. Mike Richman (145.1)
- Season 8 Middleweight Tournament Final: Brett Cooper (185.2) vs. Doug Marshall (185.4)
- Rick Hawn (170.7) vs. Karo Parisyan (171)
Preliminary Card (Spike.com 8PM ET)
- Lyman Good (170.8) vs. Dante Rivera (170.9)
- Shedrick Goodridge (172.8)* vs. Sam Oropeza (170.5)
- Carlos Brooks (188.8)* vs. Tom DeBlass (185.9)
- Darrell Horcher (156) vs. Phillipe Nover (156)
- Catchweight (140lbs.): Brian Kelleher (139.5) vs. Jimmie Rivera (139.3)
- Michael Hess (145.9) vs. Will Martinez (144.9)
- Kevin Roddy (146) vs. Brylan Van Artsdalen (145.2)
- Liam McGeary (204) vs. Anton Talamantes (205)
*-fighters have two hours to make weight