UFC 159’s fight card is set after today’s weigh-ins in Newark, New Jersey. All fighters on tomorrow night’s PPV main card made weight without issue, including UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and challenger Chael Sonnen.
The most intense weigh-in ended up being between middleweight rivals Alan Belcher and Michael Bisping. Belcher would push away the talkative Bisping, but nothing major went down.
The lone fighter to miss weight was preliminary fighter Nick Catone, who weighed in at 173-pounds. Since Catone was two pounds above the minimum, he was not allowed to cut the final two pounds and will instead forfeit a portion of his purse to his opponent.
UFC 159 Weigh-in Results:
Main Card (Pay-per-view 10PM ET)
- UFC Light Heavyweight Title Fight: Jon Jones (205) vs. Chael Sonnen (205)
- Alan Belcher (185) vs. Michael Bisping (186)
- Cheick Kongo (237) vs. Roy Nelson (258)
- Phil Davis (205) vs. Vinny Magalhaes (205.5)
- Pat Healy (155.5) vs. Jim Miller (155)
Preliminary Card (FX 8PM ET)
- Rustam Khabilov (156) vs. Yancy Medeiros (155.5)
- Ovince St. Preux (206) vs. Gian Villante (206)
- Sheila Gaff (133) vs. Sara McMann (134)
- Johnny Bedford (136) vs. Bryan Caraway (136)
Preliminary Card (Facebook 6:30PM ET)
- Leonard Garcia (145) vs. Cody McKenzie (145)
- Nick Catone (173) vs. James Head (170.25)*
- Kurt Holobaugh (145) vs. Steven Siler (145.25)
* – Catone has been fined 20% of his purse, but the fight will go on as scheduled
Photo Credit: Joe Camporeale – USA TODAY Sports