Takeya Mizugaki is likely to square off with Erik Perez when the UFC returns to Indiana. MMAWeekly first reported the pairing for UFC on FOX Sports 1 2.
Both fighters come into the August showdown on recent hot streaks. Perez has not seen a second round since joining the UFC last year, finishing all three of his fights via either first round submission or TKO. Mizugaki is heading into the bout off a come-from-behind victory over Bryan Caraway at UFC on FUEL TV 8.
UFC on FS1 2 will take place August 28 at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana. The card is currently set to be headlined by a rematch between Carlos Condit and Martin Kampmann. Tickets go on sale for the August show on June 14.
UFC on FOX Sports 1 2 Fight Card:
- Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann
- Donald Cerrone vs. Rafael dos Anjos
- Sarah Kaufman vs. Sara McMann
- Darren Elkins vs. Hatsu Hioki
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Paulo Thiago
- Robert McDaniel vs. Brad Tavares
- James Head vs. Bobby Voelker
- Court McGee vs. Robert Whittaker
- Justin Edwards vs. Brandon Thatch
- Takeya Mizugaki vs. Erik Perez