A couple of late injuries have forced a pair of changes to the Invicta FC 6 fight card. In the first pairing, Charmaine Tweet will be taking on Ediane Gomes and Norma Center will be stepping in to take on Joanne Calderwood. Invicta FC officials notified MMAFrenzy of the changes on Thursday.
An injury to Julia Budd has allowed Charmaine Tweet to step in for her fellow Canadian fighter. Tweet, who will be taking on the hard-hitting Gomes, has rebounded from a rough start to her career with three straight victories. Tweet, who has won all of her pro bouts via submission, will be looking to extend that streak to four this July.
In the second change for Invicta FC 6, Team Jackson fighter Norma Center will be filling in for an injured Sarah Schneider this July. Center comes into the bout with a 2-0 professional record since making her pro debut in March. She will be taking on the hard-hitting Scottish Muay Thai fighter Joanne Calderwood.
Invicta FC 6 will be headlined by the inaugural Invicta FC featherweight title fight as Marloes Coenen takes on Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos. A strawweight bout between undefeated fighters Claudia Gadelha and Ayaka Hamasaki. Invicta FC 6 will air as a PPV in the US and Canada, with the card airing via Ustream outside of those countries. The fight card will take place July 13 at the Ameristar Casino Hotel in Kansas City, Missouri.
Invicta FC 6 Fight Card:
Main Card (PPV 10PM ET)
- Inaugural Featherweight Title: Marloes Coenen vs. Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos
- Claudia Gadelha vs. Ayaka Hamasaki
- Sarah D’Alelio vs. Lauren Taylor
- Leslie Smith vs. Jennifer Maia
- Jessica Penne vs. Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Norma Center
- Charmaine Tweet vs. Ediane Gomes
- Bec Hyatt vs. Mizuki Inoue
- Miriam Nakamoto vs. Duda Yankovich
Preliminary Card (Online 8PM ET)
- Rose Namajunas vs. Tecia Torres
- Ashley Cummins vs. Emily Kagan
- Mollie Estes vs. Veronica Rothenhausler
- Laura Sanko vs. Livia Von Plettenberg