The UFC has added both a lightweight and welterweight bout to their September return to Brazil, as newcomer Piotr Hallman will meet Francisco Trinaldo and Kenny Robertson will take on Joao Zeferino. The since confirmed (with the participants) bouts were originally announced by Brazilian sites Combate and Tatame, respectively.
Hallman (13-1) is a 25-year-old Polish import with a knack for finishing fights. The fighter heads to the Octagon with finishes in 12 of his 13 victories. He will be taking on TUF: Brazil veteran Francisco Trinaldo, who has won three of his four fights since joining the promotion.
In the second bout, Kenny Robertson and Joao Zeferino will be meeting in a fight that their jobs will likely depend on. Robertson showed flashes of brilliance in his bout with Sean Pierson, but bad decision making allowed Pierson to rally each time to get the decision victory.
Zeferino made his UFC debut at UFC on FX 8 on extreme short notice against Rafael Natal. The abrupt nature of the fight clearly showed in his performance, as the talented grappler struggled with stamina issues after the first round. The loss snapped a seven-fight win streak for the fighter.
UFC Fight Night 28 takes place September 4 in Belo Horizante, Brazil. A light heavyweight pairing between Glover Teixeira and Ryan Bader will headline the card. Co-headlining the bill will be a middleweight bout between Yushin Okami and Ronaldo “Jacaré” Souza. The card will take place at the Estadio Jornalista Felipe Drumond.
UFC Fight Night 28 Fight Card:
- Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira
- Yushin Okami vs. Ronaldo Souza
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Jussier Formiga
- Sean Spencer vs. Yuri Villefort
- Ali Bagautinov vs. Marcos Vinicius
- Godofredo Pepey vs. Sam Sicilia
- Johnny Bedford vs. Hugo Viana
- Rafael Natal vs. Tor Troeng
- Marcelo Guimares vs. Keith Wisniewski
- Ramiro Hernandez vs. Lucas Martins
- Piotr Hallman vs. Francisco Trinaldo
- Kenny Robertson vs. Joao Zeferino