A bantamweight battle will be UFC 165’s thirteenth, and likely final, bout as TUF vet Alex “Bruce Leeroy” Caceres will face off with fellow TUF vet Roland Delorme. The bout will likely be a part of the evening’s preliminary card showing on either FOX Sports 1 or Facebook.UFC officials announced the pairing on Monday.
The bout will be Caceres first since being suspended for violating the UFC’s drug policy following his then-victory over Kyung Ho Kang at UFC on FUEL TV 8. “Bruce Leeroy” has only lost once since dropping to bantamweight, with the lone loss coming against Edwin Figueroa in a bout he mostly controlled but lost two points for multiple groin strikes. His opponent, Delorme, heads into the bout fresh off his UFC 161 victory over Figueroa. Delorme has not officially lost since making his official UFC debut at the TUF 14 Finale.
UFC 165 will take place Septemeber 21 and will mark the fourth time the UFC has traveled to Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The card is set to be headlined by a UFC light heavyweight title fight featuring champion Jon Jones taking on Alexander Gustafsson. An interim bantamweight title fight between champion Renan Barão and Eddie Wineland will co-headline the bout.
UFC 165 Fight Card:
- UFC Light Heavyweight Title Fight: Jon Jones (c) vs. Alexander Gustafsson
- UFC Interim Bantamweight Title: Renan Barão (c) vs. Eddie Wineland
- Pat Healy vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
- Francis Carmont vs. Costa Philippou
- Myles Jury vs. Mike Ricci
- Matt Mitrione vs. Brendan Schaub
- Ivan Menjivar vs. Norifumi Yamamoto
- Renee Forte vs. John Makdessi
- Nandor Guelmino vs. Daniel Omielanczuk
- Chris Clements vs. Stephen Thompson
- Mark Bocek vs. Michel Prazeres
- Mitch Gagnon vs. Dustin Kimura
- Roland Delorme vs. Alex Caceres