An exciting flyweight pairing has been added to an already stacked UFC 166 fight card. Former number one contender John Dodson will meet former Tachi Palace flyweight champion Darrell Montague. UFC officials announced the signing of “The Mongoose” and the bout earlier today.
When the UFC first announced the start of the flyweight division, many in MMA circles thought Darrell Montague would be one of the first people signed. Montague has not lost since dropping the Tachi Palace flyweight championship to Ian McCall in 2011, picking up four straight victories with three finishes. He will be facing a stern test in his debut as he takes on John Dodson, who has been out of action since dropping a hard-fought decision lost to champion Demetrious Johnson at UFC on FOX 6.
UFC 166 is headlined by the third fight between UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos. A bout between Daniel Cormier and Roy Nelson will co-headline the billing. The fight card will take place October 19 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
UFC 166 Fight Card:
- UFC Heavyweight Title Fight: Cain Velasquez (c) vs. Junior dos Santos
- Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
- Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez
- Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shawn Jordan
- Hector Lombard vs. Nate Marquardt
- Tim Boetsch vs. Luke Rockhold
- K.J. Noons vs. George Sotiropoulos
- Tony Ferguson vs. Mike Rio
- Adlan Amagov vs. T.J. Waldburger
- George Roop vs. Francisco Rivera
- Jeremy Larsen vs. Matt Grice
- Estevan Payan vs. Charles Oliveira
- John Dodson vs. Darrell Montague