The Nevada State Athletic Commission has issued medical suspensions to five UFC 94 participants, including BJ Penn, for various injuries suffered in their bouts Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
The medical suspensions were:
- BJ Penn (defeated by Georges St-Pierre via fourth-round TKO) suspended until March 18th with no contact until March 3rd for precautionary reasons.
- Thiago Silva (defeated by Lyoto Machida via first-round KO) suspended until March 18th with no contact until March 3rd for precautionary reasons.
- Stephan Bonnar (defeated by Jon Jones via unanimous decision) suspended until March 3rd with no contact until February 22nd due to a scalp laceration.
- Akihiro Gono (defeated by Jon Fitch via unanimous decision) suspended until March 3rd with no contact until February 22nd for precautionary reasons.
- Chris Wilson (defeated by John Howard via split decision) must clear broken nose with doctor or no contest until July 31st. No contact until March 3rd.
NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer on Monday confirmed to MMAFrenzy.com that the NSAC tested twelve UFC 94 fighters for performance enhancing drugs and drugs of abuse. The tested fighters were Georges St-Pierre, BJ Penn, Lyoto Machida, Thiago Silva, Clay Guida, Nate Diaz, Stephan Bonnar, Jon Jones, Jake O’Brien, John Howard, Thiago Tavares, and Karo Parisyan.
MMAFrenzy.com will pass along the drug tests results as soon as they’re available.