All twenty fighters scheduled to participate tomorrow evening at UFC Fight Night 17 hit the scales this afternoon at the Marshall Student Center at the University of South Florida in Tampa to make their matchups official.
Lightweights Rich Clementi and Josh Neer failed to make weight, each missing the 156-pound non-title limit by just half a pound at their initial weigh-in, but were given an additional hour to shed the extra weight before they’d face a potential penalty. Both fighters made weight on their second attempts.
The remaining 18 fighters, including headliners Joe Lauzon (156) and Jeremy Stephens (156), successfully made weight on their first attempts.
UFC Fight Night 17 takes place tomorrow at the USF Sun Dome in Tampa and airs live on Spike TV.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT 17 WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- 155: Joe Lauzon (156) vs. Jeremy Stephens (156)
- 265: Denis Stojnic (246) vs. Cain Velasquez (239)
- 155: Mac Danzig (154) vs. Josh Neer (156*)
- 170: Luigi Fioravanti (171) vs. Anthony Johnson (171)
- 155: Rob Emerson (153.5) vs. Kurt Pellegrino (155)
- 185: Dan Miller (186) vs. Jake Rosholt (185.5)
- 155: Matt Grice (156) vs. Matt Veach (156)
- 155: Rich Clementi (156*) vs. Gleison Tibau (155.5)
- 185: Nick Catone (184) vs. Derek Downey (185.5)
- 170: Steve Bruno (171) vs. Matthew Riddle (169)
* Both Neer and Clementi each made weight on their second attempt after initially weighing in at 156.5