- Strikeforce has announced that Nick Diaz and Frank Shamrock will meet at a catchweight of 179-pounds in the main event of the promotion’s April 11th event.
- Just days after being released by Bellator Fighting Championships for controversial statements posted on his MySpace account, former UFC fighter War Machine (Jon Koppenhaver) has been arrested in Las Vegas on misdemeanor battery charges stemming from an incident at the gay nightclub Krave.
- 7,596 fans attended UFC Fight Night 17 on Saturday at the USF Sun Dome in Tampa, Florida, generating a live gate of $428,000
- Seth Petruzelli, Bobby Lashley, and Roy Nelson vs. Jeff Monson have been added to the undercard of Roy Jones Jr.’s March 21st hybrid boxing/MMA event in Pensacola, Florida.
- Nissen Osterneck will make his UFC debut against Jorge Rivera at UFC Fight Night 18 on April 1st in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Mac Danzig, Josh Neer, Cain Velasquez, and Joe Lauzon took home $30,000 bonuses for their performances at UFC Fight Night 17.
- HDNet has announced that it has reached a deal with World Victory Road to broadcast Sengoku events in North America beginning with Sengoku 8 on March 20th.
- Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos has signed with Strikeforce and talks are underway for her to meet Gina Carano later this year.
- Phil Baroni has announced that he’ll next fight at a May Strikeforce event in Seattle, Washington.
- Featherweights Wagnney Fabiano and Fredson Paixao will square off at WEC 40.
- Kurt Pellegrino ($32,000), Cain Velasquez ($30,000), Anthony Johnson ($26,000), and Gleison Tibau ($26,000) were the top earners at UFC Fight Night 17, which had a disclosed payroll of $304,000.
Tyron Woodley Wonders if Georges St-Pierre is “Trying to Buy Time”, Following Announcement About Health