An intriguing lightweight bout between Donald Cerrone and Evan Dunham has been added to an already stacked UFC 167. The bout’s placement on the UFC’s 20th anniversary card is currently unclear. The bout was first announced by the Las Vegas Sun.
The pairing will see the last two victims of fast-rising Brazilian lightweight Rafael dos Anjos face off in front of the Las Vegas crowd this November. Both fighters are in dire need of a victory after falling to 1-2 following their respective losses to Dos Anjos.
UFC 167 will be headlined by a UFC welterweight title fight between champion Georges St-Pierre and Johnny Hendricks. The billing will mark the 20th anniversary of UFC 1, which took place November 12 at the since demolished McNichols Sports Arena in Denver, Colorado. More bouts are expected to be announced soon for the UFC’s 2o-year anniversary card.
UFC 167 Fight Card:
- UFC Welterweight Title Fight: Georges St-Pierre (c) vs. Johny Hendricks
- Chael Sonnen vs. Rashad Evans
- Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald
- Josh Koscheck vs. Tyron Woodley
- Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem
- Donald Cerrone vs. Evan Dunham