Middleweight Frank Trigg sealed his main event win over Danny Babcock with a late third-round knockdown, earning a unanimous decision victory in the headlining bout of XCF: Rumble in Racetown, which took place on Saturday in Daytona, Florida.
Despite emerging victorious, Trigg, who has now won four-straight bouts and eight of his last ten, said he will return to the 170-pound welterweight division before the end of the year.
In the evening’s co-main event, UFC veteran Terry Martin fell to 2-5 in his last seven fights as he was upset by Zak Cummings via split decision. Martin too is expected to cut down to the welterweight class in the near future.
The event was to air via online pay-per-view with a portion of the proceeds benefiting UFC injured fighter Corey Hill. However, for unknown reasons, a low quality stream of the event was broadcast for free and a pay-per-view wasn’t available.
The event’s complete results were:
- Frank Trigg def. Danny Babcock via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)
- Zak Cummings def. Terry Martin via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Jesse Taylor def. Gert Kocani via submission (rear naked choke) — Round 2, 4:45
- Marcus Jones def. John Juarez via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 1:39
- T.J. Cook def. Scott Harper via KO (punch) — Round 1, 1:37
- Todd Cutler def. Jeremy May via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 4:07
- Gilbert Burgos def. Chris Thorne via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) — Round 1, 1:17
- Ryan Keenan def. Blake Bowman via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 4:29