A couple of injuries have forced some late changes to the Bellator 100’s welterweight tournament as Rick Hawn and Ron Keslar have entered the fray. The former Olympian will step in for an injured Eric Scanlon opposite Herman Terrado, while Keslar will fill in for the recently retired Matt Riddle opposite Sergio Junior.
Hawn’s entry to the welterweight tournament follows his return to the division this past April where he defeat Karo Parysian in devastating fashion. Hawn’s welterweight tournament return will see him try to take the tournament title after coming up short in Season 4. The Olympic judoka competed at lightweight following the Season 4 loss, winning the Season 6 tournament but coming up short in his title shot with champion Michael Chandler.
Bellator 100 will be headlined by the Season 8 tournament final between talented strikers Ben Saunders and Douglas Lima. The September 20 card will also feature the opening round of the Season 9 welterweight tournament. Both the welterweight final and the tournament could have added importance with Bellator welterweight champion Ben Askren now a restricted free agent.
Bellator 100 Fight Card:
Main Card (Spike TV)
- Welterweight Tournament Final: Ben Saunders vs. Douglas Lima
- Welterweight Tournament Opening Round: Sergio Junior vs. Ron Keslar
- Welterweight Tournament Opening Round: Rick Hawn vs. Herman Terrado
- Welterweight Tournament Opening Round: Justin Baesman vs. Brent Weedman
- Welterweight Tournament Opening Round: Vaughn Anderson vs. War Machine
Preliminary Card (Spike.com)
- LaRue Burley vs. Bubba Jenkins
- Dan Charles vs. Mighty Mo
- Liam McGeary vs. Beau Tribolet
- Clifford Starks vs. Joe Yager
- Johnny Buck vs. Adam McDonough
- Brandon Bender vs. Travis Marx
- Zack Surdyka vs. Efrain Escudero