Diego Sanchez was victorious in his lightweight debut at UFC 95, topping Joe Stevenson via unanimous decision on Saturday in London. Newcomer Paulo Thiago upset welterweight contender Josh Koscheck via first-round knockout on a card filled filled with stoppages.
Dan Hardy is likely to receive a step up in competition for his next bout after dispatching of Rory Markham with punches in just over one-minute in the evening’s co-main event.
Middleweight contenders Nate Marquardt and Demian Maia may be on a collision course after both picked up impressive victories over Wilson Gouveia and Chael Sonnen respectively at UFC 95.
$40,000 fight night bonuses were awarded to four UFC 95 fighters for their performances at the event. Sanchez and Steveson received “Fight of the Night” honors, Thiago earned “Knockout of the Night”, and Maia received the “Submission of the Night” award.
The event’s full results were:
- Diego Sanchez def. Joe Stevenson via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Dan Hardy def. Rory Markham via KO (punches) — Round 1, 1:09
- Nate Marquardt def. Wilson Gouveia via TKO (strikes) — Round 3, 3:10
- Demian Maia def. Chael Sonnen via submission (triangle choke) — Round 1, 2:37
- Paulo Thiago def. Josh Koscheck via KO (punches) — Round 1, 3:29
- Terry Etim def. Brian Cobb via TKO (strikes) — Round 2, 0:10
- Junior dos Santos def. Stefan Struve via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 0:54
- Evan Dunham def. Per Eklund via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 2:14
- Mike Ciesnolevicz def. Neil Grove via submission (heel hook) — Round 1, 1:03
- Paul Kelly def. Troy Mandaloniz via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-28)