The fighters of UFC Fight Night 29 took to the scales today in Barueri, Sao Paulo, Brazil to make tomorrow’s card official. Tomorrow’s five round main event was made official as both Demian Maia and Jake Shields made weight for tomorrow’s contest.
The lone fighter to miss weight today was Thiago Silva, who weighed in at 208-pounds. The Brazilian fighter will now have two hours to make weight for his contest with Matt Hamill, or will be docked a portion of his purse for the infraction.
Tomorrow’s action kicks off at 5PM ET on FOX Sports 1 with a four-fight preliminary card before the main card begins at 7PM ET. Be sure to stay tuned to MMAFrenzy for full coverage of tomorrow’s card.
Update: Thiago Silva won't make weight, will be fined 25% of show money, not eligible for any finish bonuses #UFCFightNight
— UFC (@ufc) October 8, 2013
UFC Fight Night 29 Weigh-In Results:
Main Card (FS1 7PM ET)
- Demian Maia (171) vs. Jake Shields (171)
- Dong Hyun Kim (171) vs. Erick Silva (170)
- Matt Hamill (205) vs. Thiago Silva (208)*
- Joey Beltran (205) vs. Fabio Maldonado (204)
- Rousimar Palhares (171) vs. Mike Pierce (171)
- Raphael Assuncao (135) vs. T.J. Dillashaw (136)
Preliminary Card (FS1 5PM ET)
- Igor Araujo (171) vs. Ildemar Alcantara (171)
- Yan Cabral (170) vs. David Mitchell (171)
- Chris Cariaso (125) vs. Iliarde Santos (126)
- Alan Patrick (155) vs. Garett Whiteley (156)