The Bellator Season 9 heavyweight tournament final has found a home on the promotion’s pay-per-view debut at Bellator 106 as Cheick Kongo will face Vinicius “Spartan” Queiroz. The bout will take place on the PPV main card. Bellator MMA officials first announced the bout earlier today.
The two fighters literally punched their trips to the finals earlier this month at Bellator 102. Kongo advanced to the finals by defeating Mark Godbeer via strikes in his promotional debut. “Spartan” turned a few heads by advancing to the finals by flooring recent signee Lavar Johnson in the opening moments of their semifinal bout.
The victor of the November 2 contest will then take on the winner of Bellator 109’s heavyweight title fight between champion Alexander Volkov and former SAMBO world champion Vitaly Minakov in 2014.
Bellator MMA will make its PPV debut with Bellator 106: “Tito vs. Rampage” on November 2 with Quinton “Rampage” Jackson taking on Tito Ortiz in the main event. In a rematch of their 2011 “Fight of the Year” nominee, former champion Eddie Alvarez will return to the promotion against champion Michael Chandler in the co-main event. The fight card will air live via PPV from the Long Beach Arena in Long Beach, California. More bouts are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.
Bellator 106 Fight Card:
Main Card (PPV)
- Rampage Jackson vs. Tito Ortiz
- Lightweight Title Fight: Michael Chandler (c) vs. Eddie Alvarez
- Light Heavyweight Interim Title Fight: King Mo Lawal vs. Emanuel Newton
- Featherweight Title Fight: Pat Curran (c) vs. Daniel Straus
- Heavyweight Final: Cheick Kongo vs. Vinicius “Spartan” Quieroz
Spike TV Preliminary Fights
- Fight Master Welterweight Final: Joe Riggs vs. Mike Bronzoulis
- Terry Etim vs. Patrick Cenoble
Spike.com Preliminary Fights
- Joe Williams vs. Jesse Juarez
- Brandon Halsey vs. Hector Ramirez
- Mike Guymon vs. Aaron Miller
- Joe Camacho vs. Cleber Luciano
- Darren Smith vs. Josh Smith