Bellator MMA’s PPV debut will not be happening on November 2 as the card will be moving to Spike TV after the injury to Tito Ortiz was confirmed by Bellator MMA officials. Bellator MMA officials announced the switch on a press conference shortly before the start of tonight’s Bellator 105 preliminary card.
Ortiz’s injuries are reportedly unrelated to the neck surgery the UFC Hall of Famer required not that long ago. While the promotion sought to find a valid replacement for the card, they were unable to find a suitable replacement for Quinton “Rampage” Jackson. Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney stated that finding a Jackson a fight will be a top priority in the near future.
“I’ve said it since the day we announced the fight that Rampage vs. Tito was a fight I had wanted to see for years, and it’s unfortunately something I’m going to have to continue to wait to see,” said Bellator Chairman & CEO Bjorn Rebney. “After sitting down with our team and partners, the decision was obvious: Give the greatest MMA fans on earth this amazing show live and free on Spike. Our fans have been incredible to us and I’m thrilled to be able to give them this great card on the greatest network in MMA, Spike! Chandler vs. Alvarez II, Mo vs. Newton II and Curran vs. Strauss II are all unbelievable fights. This is going to be a great, great night.”
Rebney also indicated that, despite the dubious first attempt, Bellator MMA is still committed to having a pay-per-view card in the future. The Bellator CEO also stated that the current card was not completely finalized at this time.
Bellator 106 Fight Card:
Main Card (Spike TV)
- Lightweight Title Fight: Michael Chandler (c) vs. Eddie Alvarez
- Light Heavyweight Interim Title Fight: King Mo Lawal vs. Emanuel Newton
- Featherweight Title Fight: Pat Curran (c) vs. Daniel Straus
- Heavyweight Final: Cheick Kongo vs. Vinicius “Spartan” Quieroz
- Fight Master Welterweight Final: Joe Riggs vs. Mike Bronzoulis
- Terry Etim vs. Patrick Cenoble
- Akop Stepanyan vs. Mike Richman
- Karo Parysian vs. Cristiano Souza
Spike.com Preliminary Fights
- Joe Williams vs. Jesse Juarez
- Brandon Halsey vs. Hector Ramirez
- Mike Guymon vs. Aaron Miller
- Joe Camacho vs. Cleber Luciano
- Darren Smith vs. Josh Smith