Bellator MMA’s return to the Revel Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey is set for Bellator 108 on November 15 but with one major addition. Joining the broadcast will be a light heavyweight pairing between Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Joey Beltran. Bellator MMA officials announced the new main event earlier today via press release.
“Rampage” was originally set to face Tito Ortiz this weekend at Bellator 106 before Ortiz was forced out with a neck injury. While Bellator MMA officials tried to find an opponent for this weekend, Jackson’s debut will be delayed for two weeks to make the pairing with Beltran.
Beltran comes into the bout fresh off a second release from the UFC following his narrow split decision loss to Fábio Maldonado at UFC Fight Night 29. While Beltran did get a victory in his second UFC stint, the result was overturned following a positive test for steroids.
The November 15 pairing will serve as both fighters’ Bellator MMA debut.
While the card already had a headliner between Bellator middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko and Season 8 tournament winner Doug Marshall, the card will also feature the Season 9 tournament final pitting Patricio Freire against Justin Wilcox. Bellator 108 will air live via Spike TV with the prelims airing via Spike.com.
Bellator 108 Fight Card:
Main Card (8PM ET Spike TV)
- Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Joey Beltran
- Bellator Middleweight World Title Fight: Alexander Shlemenko (c) vs. Doug “The Rhino” Marshall
- Bellator Featherweight Final: Patricio “Pitbull” Freire vs. Justin Wilcox
- Marcos Galvao vs. Tom McKenna
- Nah’Shon Burrell vs. Dante Rivera
Preliminary Card (6PM ET Spike.com)
- Chip Moraza-Pollard vs. Sam Oropeza
- Jason Lambert vs. Tom DeBlass
- Kevin Roddy vs. Will Martinez
- Najim Wali vs. Liam McGeary
- Anthony Morrison vs. Kenny Foster
- Dan Matala vs. Ryan Cafaro
- Sergio da Silvavs. Rob Sullivan