MMAFrenzy’s UFC Fight Night 32 preliminary card coverage continues with our recap of tonight’s final preliminary fights. Sam Sicilia and Omari Akhmedov would each pick up quick victories in the final FS2 preliminary fights.
Sicilia Crushes Pepey
TUF Live veteran Sam Sicilia righted the ship tonight in Brazil by defeating Godofredo Pepey in the first round. Sicilia wasted little time as he reversed a takedown attempt by Pepey and then postured up for some big ground-and-pound that forced a stop to the fight. Sicilia gets back to .500 in the UFC after dropping two-straight fights, while Pepey likely finds himself on the job market after falling to 1-3 in the UFC.
Akhmedov Floors Perpetuo
It was not pretty, but it was an effective debut for Dagestani Omari Akhmedov tonight in Brazil. Despite being hurt by an accidental head butt early in the fight, Akhmedov managed to recover after being hurt two more times in the fight and nearly finished the bout via choke. Thiago Perpetuo would reverse and get back to his feet, where he hurt Akhmedov yet again. That exchange would receive an unexpected turn of events however, as Akhmedov would drop the Brazilian coming in for the kill. Akhmedov is now 12-0 in his MMA career, while Perpetuo drops to 9-3 as a pro.
UFC Fight Night 32 Results:
- Sam Sicilia def. Godofredo Pepey via TKO (punches) at 1:42 of Round 1
- Omari Ahkmedov def. Thiago Perpetuo via KO (punches) at 3:31 of Round 1
- Thiago Tavares def. Justin Sals via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:38 of Round 1
- Adriano Martins def. Daron Cruickshank via submission (straight armbar) at 2:29 of Round 2
- Dustin Ortiz def. Jose Maria via TKO (strikes) at 3:19 of Round 3