WEC bantamweight champ Miguel Torres, challenger Takeya Mizugaki, and the rest of the ten-bout WEC 40 card tipped the scales Saturday afternoon in Chicago.
The event takes place on Sunday at the UIC Pavilion and airs live on Versus.
Both Torres and Mizugaki weighed in exactly at 135-pounds for their bantamweight championship matchup. Except for Mike Budnik, who weighed in at 149-pounds for his 145-pound featherweight preliminary bout, the remainder of the card successfully made weight for their contests.
The official WEC 40 weigh-in results were:
- Miguel Torres (c) (135) vs Takeya Mizugaki (135)
WEC Bantamweight Championship
- Joseph Benavidez (134) vs Jeff Curran (135)
- Ben Henderson (156) vs Shane Roller (156)
- Jameel Massouh (146) vs Raphael Assuncao (145.5)
- Anthony Njokuani (156) vs Bart Palaszewski (155)
- Ivan Lopez (134.5) vs Dominick Cruz (135)
- Fredson Paixao (144) vs Wagnney Fabiano (146)
- Rani Yahya (136) vs Eddie Wineland (135)
- Akitoshi Tamura (135.5) vs Manny Tapia (135.5)
- Rafael Dias (145) vs Mike Budnik (149)*
* Dias and Budnik will fight at a catchweight of 149 pounds.