Light Heavyweight Fighter Fabio Maldonado (21-6 MMA, 4-3 UFC) will move up to the heavyweight division to face Stipe Miocic (11-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) at TUF Brazil 3.
Fabio Maldonado has been in the UFC since 2010 and is 3-1 in his last four fights. He lost to Glover Teixeira at UFC 153 back via 2nd Rd TKO, he then went on a three fight winning streak with wins over Roger Hollett via unanimous decision back in May of 2013, then beat Joey Beltran in October of that same year via split decision and lastly Gian Villante in March of this year via unanimous decision
The TUF Brazil Finale takes place May 31 at Sao Paulo’s Ibirapuera Gymnasium. The main card will air on Fox Sports 1 and the prelims will air on Fight Pass.
In JDS’s last four fights he is 2-2. He beat Frank Mir via 2nd Rd TKO, then lost to Cain Velasquez via Unanimous Decision in December of 2012. He beat Mark Hunt via 3rd Rd KO in May of 2013 and then lost again to Cain Velasquez via 5th Rd TKO in October of 2013.
Here is how the rest of the card looks like:
- Fabio Maldonado vs. Stipe Miocic
- Opponent TBA vs. Opponent TBA – “TUF: Brazil 3″ middleweight tourney final
- Opponent TBA vs. Opponent TBA – “TUF: Brazil 3″ heavyweight tourney final
- Demian Maia vs. Alexander Yakovlev
- Rony Jason vs. Robert Peralta
- Diego Brandao vs. Brian Ortega
- Ernest Chavez vs. Elias Silverio
- Rodrigo Damm vs. Rashid Magomedov
- Paulo Thiago vs. Gasan Umalatov
- Mark Eddiva vs. Kevin Souza
- Matt Hobar vs. Pedro Munhoz