Diego Brandao (18-9 MMA, 4-2 UFC) was set to face fellow featherweight Brian Ortega (8-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at next Saturday’s TUF Brazil 3 Finale. However Brandao has been forced out with a injury. That fight has been removed and no replacement for Brian Ortega has been named. This fight was set to be one of the featured preliminary-card contests.
The TUF Brazil 3 Finale takes place May 31 at Sao Paulo’s Ibirapuera Gymnasium and is set to air on both FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.
Diego Brandao has 9 knockouts, 5 submissions and 4 decision victories, while he has been knocked out 5 times, submitted once and lost by decision three times. Prior to joining the UFC he was on a three fight winning streak. He made his UFC debut against Dennis Bermudez which he won via armbar at UFC – The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale on Dec / 03 / 2011. He lost against Darren Elkins via unanimous decision at UFC 146 – Dos Santos vs. Mir on May / 26 / 2012. He went on a three fight winning streak, he beat Joey Gambino via unanimous decision at UFC 153 – Silva vs. Bonnar on Oct / 13 / 2012, Pablo Garza via Arm-Triangle Choke at UFC on Fuel TV 9 – Mousasi vs. Latifi on Apr / 06 / 2013 and then Daniel Pineda via unanimous decision at UFC Fight Night – Shogun vs. Sonnen on Aug / 17 / 2013. In his last fight he lost to Dustin Poirier via 1st Rd KO at UFC 168 – Weidman vs. Silva 2 on Dec / 28 / 2013.
The headline fight is between Fabio Maldonado vs. Stipe Miocic.
Here is the rest of the card:
- Fabio Maldonado vs. Stipe Miocic
- opponent TBA vs. opponent TBA – “TUF: Brazil 3″ middleweight tourney final
- opponent TBA vs. opponent TBA – “TUF: Brazil 3″ heavyweight tourney final
- Demian Maia vs. Alexander Yakovlev
- Rony Jason vs. Robert Peralta
- Ernest Chavez vs. Elias Silverio
- Rodrigo Damm vs. Rashid Magomedov
- Paulo Thiago vs. Gasan Umalatov
- Mark Eddiva vs. Kevin Souza
- Matt Hobar vs. Pedro Munhoz